1. Fixed bug with Video Feedback 3 interlacing algorithm.
1. Fixed bug with OBJ/MTL material colors not working for C4D.
2. Interlacing option added to Video Feedback 3 mode.
1. Cube colors now exported with OBJ files as MTL material files.
1. Bloom option added to Video Feedback 3 mode.
2. Fixed bug with 3D CA OBJ export skipping cube faces.
3. Fixed bug with Cube Divider OBJ export saving to wrong directory.
1. Option added to launch Visions of Chaos in full screen mode.
1. Option to check for updates once per day now correctly saved to ini file.
1. OBJ export added to Voxel Automata Terrain mode.
1. OBJ file sequences can now be created from supported modes.
1. Fixed minor bug with 3D CA dialog.
1. Disk space now checked during movie frame creation to warn if space is about to run out.
2. Splatting display option added to LBM2 mode.
3. Fixed bug that caused a crash when rendering Lorenz Attractors.
|1. Added support for Bedhead Strange Attractors.
|1. Fixed bug with Color Palette Editor eye dropper.
|1. Batch convert added to Video Feedback 3 mode.
2. Option added to merge movie and audio files together.
3. Fixed bug that crashed Mandelbulb mode when not using GPU calculations.
|1. Bug with Escape Fractals fixed.
|1. Minor visual bugs fixed.
|1. Minor bug in Shader Editor fixed.
|1. Added option to use Pixar RenderMan for 3D scenes.
2. Video Feedback 3 mode can now use an image as the initial frame.
3. Shader Editor and Custom Formula Editor dialogs now resize to fit smaller resolution screens.
|1. Added new 3D Voxel Automata Terrain mode.
|1. Fixed bug with Cube Divider auto-positioning being off center.
2. 3d Cellular Automaton can now use spheres to render cells.
|1. Improved Mitusba renderer options.
2. 3D Cyclic Cellular Automata now has options to use Mitsuba renderer.
3. 3D CA mode now has option to use Mitsuba renderer.
4. 3D Ant Automata mode now has option to use Mitsuba renderer.
5. 3D Hodgepodge CA mode now has option to use Mitsuba renderer.
6. Cube Divider mode now has option to use Mitsuba renderer.
7. Mitsuba spawned as a seperate thread to avoid "not responding" app hangs.
|1. 64-bit Visions of Chaos now included with standard installer.
2. New 3d Virtual Creatures mode added.
3. Image filter options added to AVI build dialog.
4. Improved 3D DLA mode and added support for Mitsuba renderer.
|1. Added new Lattice Boltzmann Method mode.
|1. Added 5 segment Virtual Creatures.
|1. Added 4 segment Virtual Creatures.
|1. Sample files, palettes, scripts and shaders are now stored under the per user %APPDATA% folder.
2. Box2D physics engine added.
3. Evolved Virtual Creatures mode added.
|1. Added Clifford Attractors.
2. Added Peter DeJong Attractors.
3. Added Johnny Svensson Attractors.
4. Fixed bug that caused preset 3D Ant Automata dropdown to not set rules correctly.
|1. Added new Fractal Spirograph mode.
|1. Added disk space stats to script statistics dialogs.
2. Stopped flickering on startup and when changing UI themes.
|1. Fixed bug with auto-hiding mouse cursor when fullscreen shaders are running.
2. Zoom box now much smoother whewn dragging over large sized images.
|1. Theming enabled for Windows 7. Disabled for Vista, XP and earlier OSs.
2. Fixed bug in Lyapunov script rendering.
3. Fixed Root Finding script aspect ratio calculation that could lead to corrupted frames in some scripts.
4. Custom Formula Editor now has right-click cut, copy, paste etc commands.
5. New Meta-Mandelbrot fractal formula added.
|1. Fixed bug that caused scripts rendered at 4K size to be unstable and cause application crashes.
2. Theming auto-disabled for Vista and earlier OS as it causes display problems with the OS.
3. Program startup and shutdown speeds improved.
4. Default GLSL editor font size now reduced to 11 for non-4K displays.
5. Styles disabled for Windows dialogs (file open etc) as they caused problems with dialogs being shown shrunk or cut off.
|1. Added new Sandpile Automata mode.
2. Fixed bug that caused statusbar text to not size correctly size within panels.
3. Fullscreen GLSL shaders hiding of toolbar and cursor improved.
4. BZ mode now renamed correctly to Hodgepodge Machine.
5. New 3D Hodgepodge Machine Cellular Automata mode added.
6. Fixed bug with using images to seed Gray-Scott Reaction Diffusion.
|1. GLSL Shader toolbar now auto hides when in full screen mode.
2. All sample GLSL shaders now edited to pass all warning and error checks.
3. Option added to validate shader code using Kronos glslangValidator compiler.
4. Shader editor and custom formula editor forms now correctly size to fit screen when theming is applied.
5. Fixed nasty bug that caused Ripple Tank mode to reset data directory to \ which caused other sample files to be inaccessible.
6. Minor bugs with window borders when using themes fixed.
|1. Rolled back OpenGL version checking so program runs on older video cards.
|1. Fixed bug that caused 3D Strange Attractors mode to crash.
|1. Script manager form now sizable.
2. Corrected Julia tranformation in Flame Fractals mode.
3. 3D DLA speed increase when rendering lots of spheres/particles.
4. Zoom button added to Script Stats and Multiple Script Stats dialogs so stats can be seen easier from a distance.
5. If a script crashes during rendering it will be resumed when program is relaunched.
6. Added matrix coloring and mirroring options to the Video Feedback 3 mode.
|1. Improved Flame Fractal mode.
2. Added movie joiner option to concatenate movie file parts.
3. Added more debug tracking to help fix user reported bugs.
4. Added matrix multiplication option to the color palette editor to allow more color variations in existing palettes.
|1. Added simulated erosion to Fractal Terrain mode.
|1. Added new Cell Conquest mode.
|1. Made more changes to Coupled Cellular Automata 2 mode.
|1. Fixed bug with Mandelbulb movie frames not being saved.
|1. Added new Coupled CA 2 mode.
2. Added matrix coloring to Coupled CA mode.
|1. Added image processing options to Video Feedback 3 mode.
2. Fixed bug with deleting PNG format frame files.
|1. Frame files now default to BMP format for speed. Can be changed to PNG if disk space is an issue.
2. Added new Video Feedback 3 mode.
|1. Saved PNG image files are now smaller without losing any lossless quality.
2. Added new Harmonograph simulator mode.
3. Bug with color palette browser fixed.
4. Added new stats window when auto-converting multiple scripts.
|1. Mandelbulb mode script frames now retain background PNG transparency for importing/merging into other applications.
2. Bug fixed that caused some older scripts to not load correctly.
|1. FFmpeg now uses 64 bit version so all movie formats now build successfully with 4K sized source frames.
|1. Custom Formulas can now be rendered to images larger than your screen size.
2. Fixed bug that did not delete frame files once movie file finished building.
3. Zoom movies are now a more consistant stable speed rather than speeding up as zooming in.
|1. Frame files now saved as PNG format to save disk space.
2. H265 movie format now defaults to lossless for best quality.
|1. 2D and 3D Ant Automata rules can now be entered as either decimal or binary/base 4 formats.
2. Fixed bug with Flame fractal dialog Advanced button not resizing dialog correctly on high DPI displays.
3. Added new Custom Fractal Formula Compiler mode.
4. Image processing options simplified to a sub-menu for easier access.
5. Added percentage bar to movie buiild dialog.
|1. Fixed smoothness of dragging zoom box on large sized windows.
2. Fixed bug that incorrectly sized scrollbar for GLES editor window.
3. Improved screen saver support when using multiple monitors.
|1. Fixed bug that put floating menu in the wrong positions when dual monitors used.
|1. Improved 2D and 3D DLA modes.
|1. Fixed bug that caused movie build dialog to show incorrectly when themes were enabled.
|1. Added support for High DPI displays.
|1. Default movie build format now H264 as Windows Media Player has trouble with H265. H265 format movies can still be created.
|1. GLSL shaders are now stored under their own subfolder.
|1. Portable install option now added as an installation time checkbox.
|1. Added option to copy Visions of Chaos to a USB device to run "portable".
|1. Simplified movie build process.
2. Fixed bug when movie builds ignored FPS setting.
|1. Added support for HVEC (H265) movie output.
|1. Added Rayleigh-Taylor Instability support for Smoothed-Particle Hydrodynamics mode.
|1. Added 3D point cloud OBJ export for 3D Strange Attractors.
|1. GLSL shader toolbar next and back buttons can now be clicked without having to stop the current shader being generated.
|1. New high resolution icon to match Android version.
|1. Fixed memory leak when creating GLSL movies.
|1. Visions of Chaos can now use up to 4GB of total RAM (up from 2GB) depending on OS.
2. Fixed bug that caused FFMPEG movie build to render incorrectly if frame sequence had gaps in the numbers.
|1. Fixed bug that caused Mandelbulb mode to crash with latest NVidia drivers update.
|1. Added new New and Delete buttons to easily create new GLSL shaders.
|1. Windows system dialogs now use selected theme skin.
|1. 2D Strange Attractors now use supersampling for smoother non-pixelated output.
2. Fixed bug with Cube Divider auto-sizing for non standard divisions.
3. Reaction Diffusion and Multi-State Turing Pattern modes now start with nicer preset settings.
|1. Smoothed plot lines for Lorenz and Rossler attractors.
2. Divided the Cellular Automata menu into submenus by dimensions.
|1. 3D Spirograph plots are now correctly auto-sized to view window when loaded.
2. Fixed bug with auto-update checking.
|1. Fixed bug with auto-update check routines.
1. Improved Lorenz Waterwheel mode.
|1. Added Invert button to color palette editor.
|1. Fixed rare bug that caused Aero to be disabled when Visions of Chaos started on some PCs.
|1. Visions of Chaos now automatically checks for updates once per day.
2. Smoother flicker free splash screen and startup.
|1. Improved Image Processing dialog features.
|1. Improved support when running on dual monitor systems.
|1. Added submenu to easily change between UI themes.
|1. Added oversampling option to Large Neighbourhood Totalistic Cellular Automata mode.
2. Updated the new version update check functionality.
|1. Added new Large Neighbourhood Totalistic Cellular Automata mode.
2. Color palette editor enhanced.
|1. Color palette editor reorganised and enhanced.
|1. Lyapunov Fractal mode up to 1000x faster thanks to GLSL shader conversion.
|1. Smoothed plots for double, triple and quadruple pendulum simulations.
2. Added log coloring to Bifurcation mode.
|1. Added more theme skins.
2. Improved the Bifurcation mode.
|1. Improved support for printing Mandelbrots across multiple pages.
2. New program icon.
|1. Fix bug that caused the screen saver mode to crash.
2. Stopped user clicking multiple Genetic Art samples quickly that caused crashes.
3. Reorganised mode menu.
|1. Fixed out of memory errors when generating A2 sized images.
2. Removed extremely out of date help. No help is better than incorrect help.
3. Enabled floating point settings for Popcorn Strange Attractors.
|1. 3D Attractor mutation dialog now autosizes to fit screen.
2. Video Feedback option screen now fully visible on screen without having to scroll.
|1. Fixed aspect ratio when printing Mandelbrot fractals across multiple pages.
2. Added Check For New Version menu option.
|1. Fixed bug when printing Mandelbrot fractals across multiple pages.
2. Added Reset Settings button to easily restore all settings to defaults.
|1. Printer dialog simplified.
2. Printer support for larger images improved.
|1. Added support so all 2D modes can be rendered to image sizes larger than the screen.
2. Fixed bug that caused a crash if the main image was right-clicked.
|1. All dialog sizes fixed when UI styling applied.
2. Enhanced zoom box so it expands more smoothly when resized quickly on large image sizes.
|1. UI styling much more stable now.
2. Fixed bug with image processing frames.
|1. Improved UI styling.
2. Changed toolbar icons to the newer flat look of Windows 8 and Windows 10.
|1. Fixed memory leak when image processing large bitmaps.
2. Added experimental skinning/theme support.
|1. Merged the Load Color Palette and Edit Color Palette dialogs into a single Change Color Palette dialog.
2. Added option to image process a series of BMP files outside the usual movie building sequence.
|1. Fixed minor bug with OpenGL preset light setups.
|1. Added slideshow option to watch OpenGLSL shaders hands free.
|1. Fixed bug that caused a crash if 3D CA mode was ran a second time after another CA mode was run.
|1. Escape fractal preview now renders correctly when coefficients changed.
2. Tiled CA samples now saved as single sample TCA files rather than separate TIL and RUL files.
|1. Fixed bug with Gaussian Blur image processing code.
|1. Added new 3D Ant Automaton mode.
|1. Fixed bug that caused a crash when selecting certain L-System rules from the preset rules dropdown list.
|1. All dialog Save Load OK Cancel buttons are now in recommended Windows GUI guidelines order.
2. Fixed tab key order for all dialogs.
3. Flattened a lot of the bevel effects on dialogs to look more natural under Windows 8, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10.
|1. Added more options to Yin Yang Fire Cellular Automaton mode.
|1. Added complexity option for Genetic Art 3 mode.
|1. Fixed bug with large OBJ exports generating out of memory errors.
|1. Added 3D OBJ export to 3D Cellular Automata, 3D Cyclic Cellular Automata, Cube Divider and 3D DLA modes.
|1. Fixed bug when saving output of various modes to midi files.
|1. Fixed minor bug with Genetic Art 3 mode.
|1. Added new Yin Yang Fire mode.
|1. Fixed bug that caused boids screen saver to crash.
|1. Fixed bug that caused loading color palettes to crash.
2. Sped up loading time when scanning GLSL shader files.
|1. Fixed bug that caused opening palettes to crash with Genetic Art 2 mode.
|1. Fixed bug that caused OpenGL scenes to render blank on some PCs.
2. More GLSL samples added for a total of 700.
|1. Added support for all Windows wallpaper styles (Fill, Fit, Stretch, Tile and Center).
2. Added toolbar buttons to go back and forwards through GLSL samples.
|1. Fixed bug with ! character in L-Systems L files.
|1. Fixed issues handling L-Systems L files so more samples render correctly.
2. Added more GLSL sample shaders.
|1. Forced decimal point to be a "." character for non-English Windows.
|1. Changed Visions of Chaos licensing to freeware.
|1. Fixed bug that caused the help to not display.
2. Fixed bug that caused the extract color palette from images to read wrong colors with some image formats.
3. Added brightness and contrast settings to the Video Feedback 2 mode.
|1. Improved zoom box.
2. Fixed bug that caused the sample GLSL shaders to not be found if the user changed the default data directory.
3. Standardised positions of Load, Save, Cancel and OK burttons across all dialogs.
|1. Fixed bug that caused 3D attractors to crash when supersampling was enabled.
2. Fixed bug that caused the Tiled CA custom colors to remain hidden when changed.
3. Fixed bug that caused assigning images to the Windows Desktop Background to crash under Windows 8.x.
4. Fixed bug that caused installing the Visions of Chaos screensaver to fail under Windows 8.x.
5. Fixed bug that caused OpenGL to crash if Windows color depth was not set to 32-bit.
6. Fixed bug that caused Mandelbulb mode to crash if video card did not support GLSL shaders.
7. Improved GLSL shader support for more video cards.
|1. Added customisable color syntax highlighting to the GLSL editor.
2. Added error highliting to the GLSL editor.
3. Intel HD graphics chips are now supported for GLSL shaders and no longer detected as unsupported.
4. Fixed bug that caused movies in the Complex Fractal mode to render blank frames.
|1. Fixed bug with anaglyph rendering of Gravity 3D mode.
2. Mandelbulb GLSL now supports background images and cubemap environments.
3. Dual monitor setups are now supported.
|1. Added support to render movies directly to MP4, Animated GIF and Xvid formats.
|1. Added new FFmpeg Expert Mode settings to allow movie output to be customised for users who are familiar with FFmpeg.
2. Fixed bug that caused a crash if someone tried to add a script point before genrating an image to add to the script.
|1. URLs are now highlighted/clickable within glsl shaders.
2. More sample glsl scripts (total of 359 sample shaders now included).
3. Added ability to select output locations to hard drives other than just C:
4. Fixed bug that corrupted certain genetic art save as bmp images.
|1. GLSL frame rate clamping improved.
2. Bug that caused Screen Saver to crash fixed.
3. 2D Cellular Automata parameters can now be saved and loaded.
|1. Option added to clamp GLSL shaders to 60 fps to reduce stress on the GPU.
2. Video Feedback 2 mode now runs under 64-bit versions of Windows.
|1. Added lots more GLSL sample shaders.
2. Fixed a bug that corrupted the output of certain GLSL shaders.
|1. Fixed bug that saved Genetic Art 2 parameter files awith extension BMP rather than GA2.
2. GLSL shaders now run between 2 and 10 times as fast.
|1. Added better exception handling with the ability to email bug reports to help fixing hard to track down bugs.
|1. Added new Multiphase Smoothed-Particle Hydrodynamics mode.
2. Changed application default priority to run as normal rather than idle so Visions of Chaos is more reponsive when another CPU hungry app is running.
|1. Added new Fractal Planet mode.
2. Added new 3D Cyclic Cellular Automaton mode.
|1. Fixed bug that caused Mandelbulb mode to crash if user changed default data directory setting.
|1. No longer requires a user to have admin rights to run correctly (Admin rights are still required to initially install).
2. All user data files are now saved under the public My Documents directory and not within the C:\Program Files\ directory.
3. Video Feedback mode twice as fast.
4. More sample GLSL samples included.
|1. Added a load more GLSL shader examples.
2. Improved the GLSL shader dialog and now allow editing and saving of shaders.
|1. Fixed bug that caused some of the 2D Attractors to render a blank image.
2. Fixed Divide By Zero errors when rendering very large Ducks Fractals to BMP images.
3. Added option to start Video Fedback 2 simulations from an image file.
|1. Added new Knots plotting mode.
2. Improved detection for GLSL support. GPUs must support version 3.0 or higher.
3. Darkened toolbar buttons so they are more easily seen as active or disabled.
4. Added option to render Ducks Fractals to bitmap files that are larger than the screen and suitable for professional printing.
|Click here to see older entries.